The 7th annual international ubimedia competition, NUMA2013 (Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Awards 2013), seeks for novel ways to combine ubiquitous computing to media. We are looking for disruptive artistic visions as well as clever near-to-market solutions off the beaten tracks! This includes any range of innovative ubimedia, pervasive, or ambient products and services. NUMA2013 is a highly interdisciplinary competition and we invite equally Designers, Computer Scientists, Artists, Economists and Engineers to take a stand on the following questions with their entries:
- What is the particular aesthetic experience opened up by the rise of ubiquitous and ambient media?
- What constitutes the specific intelligence that drives future media environments?
- How will location- and context-aware media services change our social life?
- How will our future lives look like in the era of ubiquitous computation, and how can society benefit from these advanced technologies?
The total award sum for the NUMA2013 is 6 000€. The sum can be awarded to one entry, divided between several entries or not awarded at all if the award criteria set by the jury are not fulfilled.
Valid competition entries include:
- Pervasive and ubiquitous games
- Ambient installations
- Artistic works related to ubiquitous media and computation
- Business models and management strategies
- Ambient and ubiquitous media technology
- Ubiquitous and ambient media services, devices, and environments
- Context aware, sensing, and interfaces for ubiquitous computation
- Ergonomics, human-computer interaction designs, and product prototypes
- Software, hardware and middleware framework demonstrations
- Ambient television
- Any other inspiring work in the broad context of ubiquitous media
All ubiquitous, pervasive, or ambient media products, services or prototypes which have been finalized during the previous year after 1st January 2012 are eligible to take part in the competition.
Join the competition list numa ( at ) lists.numa.fi by subscribing here or
ask for more information by email from chairs ( at ) lists.numa.fi.